What is a GPS Accuracy Score?
Creating the best user experience takes a time, effort and accurate information. The Hytch Rewards platform provides users with their very own GPS accuracy score. This score combines information from a variety of factors to help users recognize potential problems with your user experience.
For the best user experience, the person with the highest GPS Accuracy Score should be the one to initiate a Hytch.
HOW MY GPS ACCURACY SCORE IS CALCULATED
The GPS accuracy score is determined based on the following attributes:
- Cellular service carriers
- Cellular signal strength
- Location and travel routes of users. If a Hytch is formed indoors, the GPS accuracy score may be low due to being indoors.
- Device type. At this time, only iPhones and iOS have GPS accuracy scores. We are working to bring Android smartphones on board with this update.
- Weather affecting satellite connection. Much like Satellite TV providers, if Hytch is not able to communicate with our GPS satellite, it can affect your GPS accuracy scores.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A LOW GPS ACCURACY SCORE?
Not all devices and carriers are equal. This means you may have a different GPS Accuracy Score than someone you are Hytching with. The same goes for travel routes not all having equal network coverage.
So what can you do about it?
Don’t Give Up. If you’re not ready to upgrade or you are running into some of the other attributes listed above that could be affecting your score, the best thing to do is to not give up. We are constantly updating our platform to bring users a better experience. And don’t forget, using the Hytch Rewards platform makes you a Hytch Hero because you are helping reduce congestion, saving trees and helping protect our clean air.
Highest Score Should Send Invites. The person with the best GPS score is the one who initiates the ride to reduce the risk of the ride dropping.
Consider Upgrading. Take note of what device and carrier is being used by the person with the higher GPS Accuracy Score. This could be helpful information the next time you are considering upgrading your device or switching networks.
Dropped or Incomplete Rides in Hytch
MY RIDE DOESN'T COMPLETE OR DROPS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY COMMUTE.
When we’re alerted to repeated drops, we update the Hytch algorithm to increase your trip connectivity as much as possible to ensure people stay in trips for the entire trip. Unfortunately, most cell phone providers do not share accurate coverage information so we can't always fix the issue. Some cell service providers have large gaps in data coverage that can result in one or all of your Hytch buddies getting kicked out of a ride.
If you or someone you ride with is not connecting, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Gaps in cellular coverage over certain regions. In the future, we'll be able to share the Bad Data gaps we've discovered in Tennessee since starting Hytch in February 2018.
- Out of date hardware or software.